Curriculum Intent Statement 2020-21
At Tudor Grange Primary Academy Haselor, we believe that developing the whole child is essential and that to flourish in life you need to be happy and enjoy the learning that you undertake. We set high expectations of every pupil to ensure that they excel across all aspects of school life.
The philosophy of Tudor Grange Academy Haselor is that each child is entitled to a broad, ambitious and enriching curriculum. This Curriculum exposes our children to enriching experiences, immersing them in progressive knowledge and skills and equipping them with the personal characteristics required to succeed in life.
Our Curriculum is:
Broad because it allows children to learn a core of academic subjects with a range of artistic and creative subjects included.
Ambitious because we believe that every child should access a curriculum that provides them with the cultural capital and essential knowledge, they need to be educated citizens who are prepared for life beyond Primary School.
Enriching because every child will access a curriculum where they regularly encounter wider learning experiences that develop new and specific skills which create excitement and interest for all children.
Our curriculum puts the child at the center of our caring, sharing and achieving school, where positive relationships, based on mutual trust and respect are at the heart of everything we do.
Curriculum planning is undertaken by subject experts from across Tudor Grange Academies Trust and is adapted to ensure that it meets the needs of all children at Tudor Grange Academy Haselor. Subject experts have considered what is most valuable about their subject and the curriculum is built around these ‘fundamentals’.
Children at Haselor follow a broad, ambitious and enriching curriculum, in line with the national curriculum, including:
- Art and design
- Design and Technology
- Physical Education
- Languages (French)
- Religious Education with First Steps.
- PSHE and RSHE
Within this wide range of subjects, pupils learn the ‘fundamentals’ – the essential knowledge that they must master and commit to long-term memory. These are the essential pieces of information we believe provide students with cultural capital.
The key principles behind the design of our curriculum are for our children to:
- be confident, independent and resilient; displaying a thirst for learning
- be kind; showing empathy and compassion whilst valuing diversity
- achieve academically across the entire curriculum, meeting at least the national expectation by the end of their primary education
- be culturally knowledgeable about our country and our world
- have aspirations for the future and know that these can be reached through hard work and determination
- be well prepared for the challenges of future life and the secondary school curriculum.
Ultimately, at Tudor Grange Primary Academy Haselor, we want all of our children to be the best they can be, making a positive contribution to the world they live in.
National Curriculum Statutory Requirements
You will find below the links to the National Curriculum statutory requirements for each National Curriculum Year Group, mapped by core and non-core subjects.
The documents below show the statutory areas that children must be taught:
- The National Curriculum in England. Key stages 1 and 2 framework document
- The individual programmes of study for Key Stages 1 and 2